torstai 20. kesäkuuta 2013

After browsing Youtube for a while, I stumbled upon the section of youtube that I had once roamed actively: the "simple VFX and editing" section. If you've never happened to wander there even during the small hours of the night, I recommend not to check it out. The overall quality is - to put it blankly - a bit bad. The tutorials have a very limited view of how different stuff is made, they only show how specific effects are made, and don't really discribe why they're made like that. The actual non-tutorial videos do have quite a lot of views as well, which kinda confuses me.

But anyways, I saw a thumbnail which somehow looked very familiar. I clicked on it, and remembered seeing this video from when I had started my journey with all kinds of visual stuff, many years ago. At the time, I only had worked with Sony Vegas, and had not even heard about After Effects, and in general, I had not understood how wide the the film industry actually was. As for the video, the effects seemed really awesome at the time, and I could only dream of making some of them. Those kind of videos were one of the reasons I kept working with videos - to get better and better (insert Pokemon theme).

After all the time that has passed, I feel like the video is quite simple, I could see a lot of room for improvement everywhere. I find it amusing to see how my personal views have changed that much. While viewing it, I felt happy. I realized how much I have actually learned on this path I've decided to take, and at the same time, I still have a lot to learn, even though I do know a bunch of stuff already.

One aspect that I have yet to try, is the world of 3D animation. I'll have to check out what it's all about, I might as well try it out when I get the perfect blend of time and motivation - hopefully pretty soon!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti